I’m sure many of us have a difficult time transitioning from a cold-weather season to the sunshine and warm breezes. Spring is an excellent time to experiment with your wardrobe and discover new and creative ways to enhance your personal style. I’ve come up with a few simple tips and key essential items that will instantly transform your dark-palette winter wardrobe to a sunny spring one, without any worry or hesitation. Of course, play around with these items to cater to your own unique style. Let’s take a look!
Invest in this minimal trend in various styles depending on your outfit of choice!
- chic & modern – to wear over a soft blouse and cropped pants
- boyfriend – to wear over a crisp white shirt paired with your favorite pair of skinnies
- unconventional & edgy – with detailing like drapery and/or embellishments paired with bold jewelry for a sophisticated yet modern look
While it’s still a bit cool out, try pairing shorts over a fun pair of tights – solid in a neutral or bright color palette or patterned – with a basic, striped, or floral top or a ruffle blouse tucked in for a sophisticated office look. Don’t forget to accessorize – lightweight scarves are especially nice for the spring. High-waisted shorts are also not only appropriate for work and a hit trend right now, but they make your legs look miles high!
A few tips…
Don’t wear it as a dress if you know you will be at an event that calls for tons of movement. Length is important as well – if it’s too long, it can tend to look like a coat; and too short may risk you looking too risque! Wear something underneath, even if it’s a pair of fitted shorts or a slip – you want something between your skin and the coat-dress!
Accessorize to make it look more like a dress and less like a coat: add a wide belt that cinches your waist tightly to greatly enhance your shape. Then, add shoes that match the belt or bag, to create a defined and chic outfit. Pile on some bold jewelry and you’re ready to stomp the streets!
- patterned – try this look in bright stripes for a fun play on the typical neutral stripe – you’ll surely be the captain of your ship that day (;
- trench-dress – a trench-dress is an excellent example of transferring an item clothing into a completely new piece. Perfect for the spring, it takes less than a minute to put on and will leave you looking super chic and feeling so comfortable. Easily transferable from work to play as well!
- loose, classic tee – a classic style tee in a long, loose fit is comfortable, easy-chic and can instantly be amped up with accessories
Longer lengths and wide-leg pants are a huge hit this season, and they definitely call for structured wedges! A super fun item to include in your spring wardrobe, wedges are easier (at least for me!) to walk in and spice up an outfit in an instant.Try them in a netrual hue with cork, leather or wood detailing; in vibrant colors for an instant outfit pick-me-up, or color-blocked to go with this seasons vivid trend!
Juuuust a few of my favorites!
I hope you all have a better understanding now of how to transition your winter wardrobe into spring, by including these stylish essentials! If you have any questions about a particular trend, whether mentioned or not, please share in the comments! Also, let me know what YOUR go-to winter-to-spring items are and how you style them!