I have been in a particularly colorful and cheerful mood lately, hence why this week’s edition of my “Wednesday Wishlist” (which you will find below) is bright and spring-filled! I recently finished up my last semester at NVCC (aside from this Math class I’m taking right now, but I am trying to slide that off my mind!), and I’m beyond excited to move on to bigger and better things at George Mason, and finally start concentrating on my major, Communications and Journalism. Along with school being a hit for a change, I landed my absolute dream job as a stylist at the Betsey Johnson store in Tyson’s Galleria. I can’t even begin to describe how ecstatic I was upon receiving the phone call from Jane (manager and area manager at Betsey – Tyson’s Galleria), but let’s just say I had to hold my mouth shut to avoid my happy scream! Being a Betsey Girl has always been a major dream of mine, and although I’ve always claimed myself as one, it’s fantastic to know there is true meaning behind it now. The ladies I work with are wonderful and the environment is, well, Betsey: fun, positive, energetic, beautiful, and confident. I will definitely be updating my journey at Betsey with everything I learn, what I get to experience, and any and all of the fun perks that you can also benefit from!
Let’s get down to my wishlist (:
- Wallet. I’ve been in need of a new wallet for quite some time now. The one I have in terms of convenience, shape, and design is perfect, but it’s starting to wear out a bit since I got it around three years ago on clearance at Urban Outfitters. I’m still on the look out for one that I absolutely love – I prefer zipper but snap-closures are alright; I want something bright like this yellow one by Marc Jacobs or the pink one by Fossil; and the inside must have double compartments with slots for cards. Let me know if you’ve seen any!
- Bright crossbody bag. Upon first deciding that I needed a crossbody bag to take with me on long, casual days this spring and summer, I opted for a black or nude one. However… again, I’m obsessed with bright colors lately and adding one like this to a neutral-hued outfit will give any look instant character and liveliness. That orange seriously makes me want an orange.
- White tights. Clean, simple, fresh, perfect for spring underneath shorts, dresses, and skirts. Pretty self-explanatory!
- Skinny black buckle belt – Mine unfortunately broke in half, considering I’ve had them for over 7 years now. I saw a few at H&M and Forever 21, so I might snag them this week!
- Skinny braided camel/brown belt – Same as above (:
- Lipgloss. This has never been a necessity for me, but I feel like it’s becoming one lately as I don’t wear a lot of make-up anywhere, but I would like some color on my lips. I heard the Maybelline Shine Sensational not only smells good but has a bold color – any thoughts? What are your favorite non-sticky, yummy-smelling, highly pigmented lip-glosses?
- Foundation. I’ve been in desperate need of a new foundation for the past year now. For a little over three years now, I’ve been using Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse. It worked pretty well, it lasted a long time (except in heat, humidity and if I sweat), and the color was almost like my natural skin tone. The only downsides were that I went through the little jar way too fast, the color wasn’t exact which I didn’t like, and the consistency on my face changed overtime since my skin became drier. After HEAVY (and boy do I mean heavy…) research, I decided to go with the Rimmel Lasting Finish. So far, so good! I’ve never used liquid before but I must say I love how natural it looks and feels and this one literally stayed on from 10am to past midnight – incredible!
- Short wedges. I won a contest for GoJane a few weeks ago and was rewarded a pair of super edgy-chic beige buckle wedges which I am absolutely in love with. Five-inch heels aren’t exactly practical for me to wear everyday when I work full-time, though. When I want some (extra) height and glam but I’m not up for wearing 3-5 inch heels, I’d like to grab a pair of cute and simple short wedges. These peep-toe bow wedges from urbanog will match practically anything and can take me from work to play, and day to night – something I definitely need this summer with my hectic schedule! Comfy and chic – yes please!
That’s all for today! If you have any suggestions on what I listed above, please do share! Also feel free to share your favorites – I love hearing what other people are using/wearing.
PS: I tweaked my blog a bit (the pages above with more contact info that’s easily accessible), and will continue to do so over the next few weeks – stay tuned for some (hopefully) big changes!