One of my two favorite warm-weather activities are going to the beach and city hopping. Beaches are not only beautiful but so relaxing and carefree while the city is incredibly exhilarating and makes your wallet hate you (but that’s okay!). To kick off those hot and long days, it’s best to first treat ourselves to a tasty, refreshing, and cool drink. A couple favorites of mine include iced mochas – for the city chicas ready to embark a busy shopping spree – and a nice mint lemonade – for the gals looking to sit back and relax on white sand. I’ll be sharing with you the two recipes which are incredibly easy to make, taste remarkably delicious and will definitely get your day started on a happy and feel-good note, followed by essential items to pack along with you on either trip!
- 2 cups strong brewed coffee
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup milk or half and half
- 2 tablespoons flavored coffee creamer or syrup (optional – but more flavor!)
- After brewing coffee, place into a pitcher and store in fridge for several hours (best overnight)
- Add remaining ingredients to pitcher, stir well and adjust sugar and creamer to taste if necessary.
- Drink up and enjoy!
*For a thick and smooth consistency, blend ingredients with 1/2 cup of ice!
Everyone will want to steal this recipe (seriously – everyone asks about it!)
- 3/4 cup lemon juice – FRESH lemons are best (8 lemons)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped mint leaves, packed
- 6-8 cups water (to taste – depending on your sweetness level!)
- Place all ingredients in a blender, starting with 6 cups water.
- Blend well, taste and add more water as necessary if sweetness level is too much (not for me – I like it super sweet!)
- Drink up.. and reach for more – you’re going to want to!
My mouth is watering already – I want the lemonade so bad! Probably not a good idea after just having the coffee, though.
When packing for an entire day at the beach or city, you want to make sure you bring your essentials without over-doing it. After all, it’s about comfort in the summertime on long days – you don’t want to sweat more carrying around heavy tote-bags filled with unnecessary items! Take a look at the two looks below, each featuring effortlessly chic summer looks, leaving you comfortable while looking stylish, of course!