Happy beautiful Sunday morning! Gosh I seriously cannot get over how incredibly gorgeous it’s been outside lately. I really need to go boot shopping soon because the few pairs I have are very outdated and aren’t serving well with my wardrobe anymore. Just realized yesterday that I don’t have class until Tuesday because of my university’s Fall Break, and I couldn’t be happier! Last night after work, I spent a long while cleaning and organizing my entire place, focusing on my room which needed a lot of maintenance! I’ll soon be updating Panache Boutique and adding several new items on it – even a few Betsey Johnson pieces for you all to shop for!
Aside from cleaning and organizing, I’m actually excited for once to get my homework done without any work or school distractions – that sounds sad, I know. It’s been quite a rough and long semester, though, but I’ve finally designed a few daily schedules for myself to get back on track (even created a daily work-out plan to get back in shape!) My 20 Fall Essentials posts are almost done – how do you all like them so far?! I feel they’ve even helped me as I’m doing them! If you haven’t been keeping up, no worries – click here and follow the tag as I post!
If you’re following the trend reports for this season, you’ll know that it’s all about donning attention-grabbing pieces, from loud prints and patterns to bold colors and finishes. Wake up your fall wardrobe with one of fall’s most eye-catching trends: shimmer and sheen. If you haven’t already, you will definitely be seeing a lot of glistening sequins, metallics, fringes, and appliques that are set to create a major impact. Forget about the warm weather gradually disappearing as these shiny pieces will instantly give your look a pick-me-up – whether during the day or at night – and the beautiful luster will reflect off of the sunshine we’ve been seeing lately!
Among the many designers who created gleaming pieces in their collections are Elie Saab, Christopher Kane, Stella McCartney, and Marc Jacobs. The saying that ‘all that glitters is gold’ does not strictly apply here, though – step it up a notch by wearing flashy shades of emeralds, blues, and reds.
- There’s definitely no need to save your shine for nighttime! Amp up your daytime – even office – wardrobe with a tweed suit jacket that’s accented with some serious metallic thread.
- Wear your shimmer in the form of sparkle with trousers or a simple sweater for a fabulous mix of daytime and nighttime.
- We did see designers combine multiple pieces of shimmer together, but the easiest way to wear the trend is by including one piece at a time
- Load up on accessories in both gold and silver (or color)! This is a time where you don’t have to worry about sticking to one piece or even shade – spice up your outfit by having your shiny pieces be a stack of bangles, your favorite skinny belt, a bold sheet metal necklace and cuff, or a seventies-inspired sequin clutch!
- Don’t forget to kick off your outfit with some sexy shiny shoes – platform pumps and leather heeled loafers are especially hot this season!
Leave a Comment