A delectable trend for the Fall/Winter season and one that I love seeing all-year-round, from mint greens and precious lavenders to soft fairy pinks and delicate sky blues, pastel hues are the perfect way to sweeten and warm up your winter. Although it may be easier to grab your trusty darker hued pieces during the colder months, this season, your best bet should be to sweeten your day up with tender, delicate shades of pastel.
I haven’t put together a styling guide for quite some time, so with this trend being a recent favorite of mine, I was instantly inspired to create one again.
We know the basics when it comes to pastels, but this time around, the palette expands even further with a whole new vibe. For the F/W season, keep these in mind:
- pink, including powder, champagne, pearl, and salmon.
- peach, including apricot and ivory.
- yellow, including lemon and french vanilla.
- green, including moss, tea, mint, pistachio, and light sage.
- purple, including lavender and periwinkle.
- blue, including baby, sky, ice, and powder.
- mix pretty pastels with earthy tones like camel, beige, sand, and warm brown.
- complement a shade of pastel with light or dark gray for a sleek, smart look.
- spruce up the delicate pastel pigment with a touch of a contrasting shade; think sky blue paired with a rich red.
- for a lux look, play up the pastels with crisp, clean whites; finish off the look with a sleek ponytail and a natural/bare face.
- for an edgy meets girly look, tone down the pastel hues by pairing them with darker pigments including black, navy, and charcoal gray.